Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Monday, January 30, 2006

First entry

Feelin' ruff today. Quit taking SSRI (citalopram, aka. Celexa) on Tuesday of last week. Experiencing gnarly withdrawal symptoms: chills, nausea, shocks etc. Pretty weak. Listening to Neil Young's After the Goldrush to make myself feel better. Also Coldplay X+Y although I'm ashamed to admit it. Something lame about the way Chris Martin preaches eco-conservativsm while flying around the world in a private jet. He probably pollutes more than all the guests of a Coldplay concert put together as a result of his jet setting.

Anyways, like I said, quit SSRIs, feeling bad, looked up symptoms on internet and found many testimonies of others who have had the same problem. I'm going to head down to the doctor's tomorrow first thing and get some citalopram. I'd been dropping by ten milligram doses with no problem but found dropping from 10mg to 0mg to be quite a different story altogether. YIKES! Feel like a crap sandwhich.

As a result of crap-sandwhichness I called in sick to work on Saturday, will do the same tomorrow (Monday). My boss was a wanker about it which was not suprising. Apparently my employers have "a very strict policy regarding sickness". How sweet of them, may they all be poxed with sores and boils. Of all my symptoms right now these shivers are the worse.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drew, enjoyed your Blog. Your Dad.

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi drewy, i'm real interested to hear about you going off celexa. I've been going off for quite some time now. Am down from 40 mg to 25. So far no symptoms, but I'm a ways off from finishing. Destiny said she took well over a year to do it...2 months on each reduction. Let me know how you are, ok? Mum (let me now if you get this)

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home