Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Friday, February 24, 2006

'ey up! (that's northern for 'hello, how are you doing? I am fine thank you'

What is up? I will tell. Last night I went for a curry to this place in Hyde Park (Leeds, not London) that used to be a public toilet. The British always say toilet, if you ask where the washroom, bathroom, or restroom is they will look at you like you are a pretentious loser. I must admit that I prefer it, after all, I am not asking because I want to have a bath, wash something, or have a rest, so why not can the euphemisms and ask where the toilet is?

So anyways, we went for a curry in Hyde Park, the restaurant is called Akmal's, and it is the finest curry in town, and it's a big ol' town. I had what I always have, a Lamb Dopiaza (I think that's what it's called) which is Lamb in a creamy curry with strawberries and almonds (mmmm...). I ate it with a Peshwari naan, which is a Naan, but loaded with sugar, coconut, and pistachios. Needless to say I did not need dessert.

Peshwar, the area in which my naan was from, is in the North Western Frontier Province of Pakistan, and borders with Afghanistan. So it is very possible that at the same time as I was enjoying my delicious naan, Osama Bin Laden and Ayman Al-Zawahiri were doing the same.


Probably not though, what with the different time zones and everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home