Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Monday, February 20, 2006

On Ilkley Moor ba' tat

Greetings and salutations. Today, I am sick. Sick as a dog who has eaten a bag of chicken fat (see earlier posts). Well, I don't have pancreatitis, but I do feel very sick all the same. Some kind of flu. That's what you call it when you are sick with anything non-specific right?

Yesterday, however, was a better day (at least until about six o' clock when I started to feel sick.) The wife and I met some friends up on Ilkley moor. Ilkley moor ba' tat is an old British song, and the translation from Yorkshire into English means 'on Ilkley moor without a hat'.

Anyhoo, the best thing about Ilkely moor is this big inn/pub called the 'cow and calf' (named after the cow and calf rocks, under which it sits). I had a Norfolk turkey roast with mashed potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. It was bloody lovely.

After that we went for a walk. Here are the pictures.
-Bye




3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Oh it makes me so ready to come back to England..Beth is a funky dresser!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Kyle Turner said...

nice purse.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home