Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday

Hello there,
Today I woke up bright and early (8:30, early for a Saturday) and went to help out my lecturers with their open day for prospective students. What a little keener I am. I had a great time though. Their were loads of people that turned up, and it was fun to give all the little high-schoolers a tour of the University.

The open day was for all applicants to the school of Social Sciences, one of my jobs was to hand out information-booklets relating to different courses to the prospective students while they waited in line to register at the beggining of the day. The overwhelming majority of applicants were applying for criminology. There were tons of these aspiring criminologists, so many that we ran out of criminology leaflets. I mentioned this to one of my lecturers and suggested that everybody wanted to be a forensics expert on CSI or 24 and he agreed.

I volunteered to help out today with 3 other friends which made the work even more enjoyable, but as well as that, two of my favorite lecturers took us out for a pub lunch and we later found out we could go and claim payment from the School office for 6.50£ an hour. This was pretty cool, since 3 of us (including myself) thought we were working pro bono.

To top it off, I finished my day's work just when Beth got off for her lunch break (she works 9-5 whereas I worked a much more leisurely 10:15-3:00).

It was a beautiful, sunny day here in Leeds, in fact our pub lunch was eaten on a roof-top patio at a place called the dry dock. The dry dock is an old-tug boat which sits on a crappy piece of grass between the two sides of the motor way across from my Uni.


I thought some more about my society for Anarchists which I am hoping to start at my university next year, and I thought that perhaps if I made it an Anarchist book club then not as many freaks would join. We could read cool anarchist books like War and Peace. Now I just have to make enough friends to start a society in the Students Union and then convert them into Anarchists. I will tell you all how this goes and what progress I make, as I am sure everyone who reads this can see the importance of a project like my book club for Anarchists.

Many of you are likely wondering how my dog Toby is doing, and after talking to my mum yesterday I can reassure my readers that he is making a speedy recovery back to full health. For those of you who didn't know, two weeks ago Toby at a bag of old chicken fat which he found in the garbage of my parents' neighbours and as a result of this excess he screwed up his liver, pancreas, etc. and had to go to the hospital. But he is now quite well and happy, so thank you all for your prayers. I will leave you all now with this picture of my special dog.



Ciao!
-drew

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hello! I found you via Hannah Price's blog...where in Leeds are you? My family (well, my dad's side anyway) is located in and around Leeds. Nice blog, by the way! Aren't blogs wonderful? They really allow people to meet and connect, when in reality, they never would have. So, how do you know Hannah? She and I go to the same church here in Toronto. Adios for now. (I have a lecture to get to!) God bless!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home