Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

elaboration...

Yes, to elaborate, I take everything back which I said last night in praise of capitalism. I will say this, it is an improvement upon earlier situations, but a better situation is certainly not inconceivable. When I think about the fact that people have to work for 14 hours a day doing imbecile labour for 2 cents an hour, and that the world was almost blown up by Russia and the USA in 1962, I take back what I said that liberal democracy is a better goal than anarchism. Anarchism is better, and at least has the ostensible aim of freeing humanity from hunger, war and oppression. Liberal democracy has the sole aim of preserving capitalism as an institution with as few concessions to the environment and humanity as are absolutely necessary. If one's goals do not include human freedom and happiness (for everyone, not just the minority) then these aims will surely not result as a side-effect (as is preached by free-market types, especially by my beloved Economist every week), will they ?

Nope, anarchism presents the best ideals, and that is certainly a good starting point. If you fail to set a target, you won't hit it. Or something like that.

Anarchy forever, capitalism never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home