Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What up!

Hi
I'm feeling extremely elated today, I hope it won't be followed by a period of depression.

I had a class this morning which was extremely enjoyable, then I killed time until a meeting with my lecturer who is supervising my dissertation. I was going to do my dissertation on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, but I got sick of that issue and of the real world.

Instead, I'm going to my dissertation on...you guessed it...Anarchism! Actually, it will probably be about the anti-capitalism movement and other alternatives to capitalism ie. cooperatives, the Israeli kibbutzim (before Israel became a state and they lost their all their soul), maybe Fourier's communes, or whatever. Anyways, that will hopefully provide me with reasons to be happy and hopeful, whereas the Israeli-Palestine conflict made me depressed. Who knows what my narrow, laser-focused dissertation question will be though in the end. It will have to be something that interests me though because I have to write ten-thousand words and read a million. So far, anarchism and anti-capitalism have maintained my interest for 2 years or so, so it seems to have good staying power as far as my interests are concerned.

What else is new...hmmm...well I can't think of anything. Except that I did have such a wonderful day today. The cafeteria had this delicious beef stir-fry with rice and spring rolls...mmmm!! The whole meal-deal including drink and prawn-crackers for only £3.50 or so. And the hot sweet, which is often some delicious pudding, is only 80p! Yowza!

Happy days! Here's some more anti-capitalist propaganda (click on it to see it in all its large funniness - or rather, sadness).



1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle Turner said...

You could do your discertation on me, and include my phone number for all the single british ladies ;)

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home