Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Dead Man Walking

Hello. I watched a very sad movie tonight: Dead Man Walking. Whew! Sean Penn is one good actor, that's for sure. Anyways, I really liked that movie, and I think it's one of the best I've seen.

Hmmm...what else is new? Well, I finished a book today. The Age of Capital by Eric Hobsbawm. It's the second book in the history series I'm reading and it covered the period from 1848-1875. I've now started the third book, Age of Empires which covers from 1876-1914. The last and final book is Age of Extremes which is from 1914-1994 or thereabouts, just in case you were curious.

Also, I got the first edition of my new journal which I recently suscribed to: New Left Review. It's really good and I am enjoying it immensely.

I'm sorry about how boring this post is. I'm up to my ears in coursework at the moment so I have no life about which to write on my blog here. I am now on spring break which means I have to start working even harder as my coursework is all due in a month. Here's a picture of me from my webcam, notice the long hair and crappy stubble:

I'm trying to grow long hair and a beard so that when I one day move back to Canada and buy a motorbike to ride to Mexico with Kyle on I can have long hair to blow in the wind and a long beard to catch flies and small birds. Also I can listen to The Band and look cool.

Well, maybe I'll have something better to post tomorrow.

Peace.

(ps - I will make sure to have a sidecar which my wife can ride in.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kyle Turner said...

amen.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Kyle Turner said...

Drew, update. My life is boring me right now. I need your entertainment dood.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Drew, I miss "hearing" from you. How are you doing? Swamped with coursework? I am currently pulling an all nighter on a Freud/Rogers paper. If you were here you could help me. Too bad you are across the pond, and by pond I mean atlantic ocean. I will be there in less than 2 weeks! Are you coming up to Carnforth? Lots of love to you and Beth! xoxox

9:58 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

drew,

your loyal fans sit here, impatiently awaiting your humor and cutting wit.
We think you should blog.
We think you're cool.

ryan

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home