Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Hello!

Hi everybody. I am officially back from the dead. For the last 4+ weeks I've been manically putting together my coursework for assessment: seven pieces, 18 thousand or so words, 5 of which are due today (one was due Wednesday, and one a couple weeks ago). Throughout it all I have crossed over the brink of insanity many times. My previous laptop is no longer with us (well, it is, but it is basically a vegetable), and I am now on a nice new computer that works. These computer problems were only resolved within the last few days though and added considerable stress to an already stressful past few weeks.

In a couple hours I will go drop a stack of assignments, 5 months intense effort on paper, and then probably wander around feeling aimless and disoriented, at which point I will see who else has made it to the Union bar and have a beer or two.

I think it will take a few days now to get my life back. I don't remember what it is like to think about things other than theoretical academic problems. I will also have to learn to get to sleep before 3am.

Anyways, I will probably use this blog to chart my return to normality and (possibly) sanity. I'll tell you one thing though, I'm liking this new apple computer, mac os really kicks windows butt. I think my favorite part is that it works (for now at least, fingers crossed).

I'm looking forward to getting back in touch with all my friends (you guys) and reading all your blogs, which I haven't been able to do for a while now.

God bless.

Drew

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

My intellectually superior buddy:

So glad to hear you're not buried under coursework or crappy Windows computers. Macs will not pull the stunts that Windows ones do. You'll notice that there aren't even enough keys on a mac to do CTRL+ALT+DEL ... that's cuz you never need to.
Hope you'll be coming back to your homeland soon. I hear SFU is a good school.
later,
ryan

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home