Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Sup homies





Hi everyone. Beth and I have just gotten back from a little holiday and I have a few interesting things to say and some pictures too. We left on Saturday for Carnforth and visited the in-laws, which is always really nice and relaxing. Beth's parents are really laid back and we all enjoy each other a lot.

On Tuesday we went up to the lake district because Beth had a voucher for a free night at a hotel. It was super cool and the weather was great. We walked all around, rode some open-top buses and ate lots of yummy food.

Then on Wednesday I came down sick on our way back to the Stamford's which was a bummer, I'm still feeling like crap now. We stayed with Graham and Viv for a couple days more which was really fun.

Anyhoo, here are some photos. Also, two more short things: I finished reading Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky, and as a result all books will now seem crummy in comparison. It is by far the best book I have ever read, and I can't imagine it possible to write a better book. It is so good...well, its just really good. I also read The Old Man and the Sea by Hemingway (I decided to read it after some earlier blogging activity) however it seemed like absolute crap after Crime and Punishment. Upon reflection though it was probably an okay book, not great, but so-so. I was a little disappointed with the Nobel committee who decided it deserved an award for literature, but after all, Henry Kissinger won a Nobel peace prize so perhaps Nobel prizes are stupid (Kissinger was one of the main architects of the Vietnam War). Anyways, I'm reading John Milton's Paradise Lost now and we'll see how that goes.

The second thing is that I watched most of the first season of Scrubs over the week and really liked it, Beth and I both enjoyed it.

Well, I feel like death as my sicky-ness is being compounded with deadly hay-fever right now so I'm going to go away. But before I do, here's some photos. Oh, and also, Kyle, if you're reading this, turn off comment moderation on your blog maybe, nobody can leave you comments and it makes us sad.

Lambs are really funny, when I come to Canada I'm going to bring lambs (no sheep though).I'm quite proud of this picture I took of Beth.

I rowed my bride around this little lake near the grave of William Wordsworth. It's cool because he totally did the same thing I bet. I don't know why I have the sour face though, I really enjoyed it.
Here's Beth enjoying her ride.
Here's a swan we saw on the lake.
Here's a picture we took on a hike behind our hotel.
Here's a funny little dog we saw on the same hike. His owners took him camping out along the ridges of the hills and made him carry his own food. He was really sure footed for a little terrier, and it made me laugh.
Here we are on the open top bus on our way home.

3 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

Beth, you looked so charming and pleased getting rowed around in that little boat. Looks like a very nice little holiday I could be envious of...
Drew, that was a very nice picture. It has an angelic quality.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Smash said...

Hi guys!
Welcome home!
Sorry that you're sick, Drew- but congrats on all the good times, the nice shots, and the serious reading. I strayed from reading REAL books for a brief while, and dove into some cheezy, TV-narrative-like "Christian fiction." What a silly thing to do. Well, I suppose that it was better than watching endless movies or television, as it had a certain devotional quality, and it gave my mind a well deserved rest =)
By the by: Beth's hat is VERY cute. And of course, she is stunning.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Smash said...

Drew,
I just read the comment you left on Candice's post Re: caffeine addictions and fair trade espresso beans. Unfortunately, I don't have any helpful advice, as I do not live in England and therefore am not familiar with the brands available... But you know me, I HAVE to encourage you to continue the search for the perfect fair trade bean. I can't help myself. Maybe the beans don't taste fresh because you live on a little island in the middle of the ocean very, very far from where they harvest the beans? Hm. Idea: see if you can find a fairtrade brand that is ROASTED very close to where you live.
Happy Caffeinating!
Ash.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home