Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

New semester

So classes finally started up again this week, and they're really interesting ones. I have a module on Social/Political Movements (eg. Green movement, Civil Rights movement, Landless Peasants' Movement, etc.); a module on Antonio Gramsci (Marxist philosopher, leader of Italian Communist Party, Jailed by Mussolini); and perhaps most interestingly - a module called "The Sociology of Death and Dying". This last one is pretty intense. It's all about the role of death in historical and current societies. Some people are already dropping out. I don't blame them, I might too if I wasn't a Christian. The whole thing gets you to focus on death in society, and it seems like it will be darn interesting.

Anyhoo, that's it for now. God blessings to all my friends in Canada and elsewhere.

4 Comments:

Blogger Candice said...

I thought about taking a course like your death and dying one once. I can see how it could be heavy. I wonder if there's such a thing as sociology of life and living???? Or perhaps that's too big a topic and is just covered in every other sociology class out there. I think it deserves its own class though. I'm glad you're enjoying this semester so far!

Take care...

5:41 AM  
Blogger Kyle Turner said...

I'm glad you seem to be enjoying yourself. Glad to hear that your spirits are still fairly high. I hope you incite controversy in your death class, but knowing you I doubt that's farr off. Pieces. Yes, I posted three separate comments all within a five minute span.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey man,

Is school not a wonderful thing? For sure it is sometimes hell's next-door-neighbour, but most of the time I think it is a pretty great life to lead, being a student. Keep on being the brilliant Canadi-Brit you are.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

HELLO
Drew you should get myspace. Its so fun! check out mine: www.myspace.com/hannahlouiseprice
I WANT TO GO TO YOUR SISTERS WEDDING, MOSTLY TO SEE YOU AND BETH!

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home