Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hmmmm...

So Beth has been bedridden the last few days with an awful flu. Yesterday I was at work and I get a call from a very, very upset and scared wife who tells me that she has just encountered someone who broke into the flat through the window.

She was in bed sick and heard something in the living room. She went in to see and found somebody bending over our television. She started screaming (she said it wasn't even in any particular language), and ran into the bedroom with the phone and started trying to push the bed against the door. Realizing the phone had come out of the wall (which was outside the bedroom), she ran out again into the office and called the cops, then me. I ran through town to catch a cab and when I got home I found her talking to a cop who had arrived. Beth still had our big carving knife beside her which she had grabbed, while she waited for the cops to get here. In England when you lock your door from the outside, it means you need a key to open it from the inside too if you want to get out. So when the cops got here that had to search the apartment to make sure the guy wasn't still in here, but he must have left through the window again. They're coming to check for fingerprints and stuff today.

Anyways, sometimes England seems like a totally rubbish country, where people break into your flat while you are at home, in broad daylight. It's a country full of drunks, smackheads, and racists. Beth's fine though, thank God - now she just has her awful flu to deal with. And she scared the guy so bad that he left without stealing anything.

Seriously though, it's getting so bad that we can't even open our windows in the middle of the day when we're sitting in the same room. I mean, sheesh, this is the second time in a month!

3 Comments:

Blogger Candice said...

YIKES!!!! And sometimes I think I live in a somewhat sketchy neighborhood... NOTHING compared to yours! Good thing you both are so brave, and especially that God keeps protecting you!!!! Give Beth a hug for me, and tell her that I'm thinking of and praying for you both...

6:58 AM  
Blogger Smash said...

Hey there Drew.
I don't think I've "commented" for awhile, but I've been keeping up. I am very impressed with your acceptance to LSE... very cool. Although I think it's too bad that it will keep you from Canada a few more years. As for this latest post, my goodness. I'm sure you're well informed on how I feel about living where I do right now, but I've never experienced anything like what you two deal with. Love to both of you, and like Candice said, may God continue protecting you.
Ash.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Kyle Turner said...

Dude, you've been getting the short end of the ugly stick again and again. Absolue rubbish. It's also a good thing that those english wanna be thieves are sissies. And they seem really stupid,but then what thief isn't? Anywho, maybe you need some bars for your windows, I find they really set off a nice pair of earthy toned drapes. Peace out.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home