Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Photo Journal

Well, I decided to take some photos on my way to work today. Partly because I was early, partly because I thought some people might find pictures of Leeds interesting, and mostly because I wanted an opportunity to use my new camera. Actually, it's just a Nokia phone that has a camera on the back, but dang, it's a pretty good camera for a phone. It even has a Carl Zeiss lens. Anyhoo, you can be the judge of whether or not it is an acceptable camera, for my part, it's the only camera I have/can afford because it was a free phone upgrade from my mobile carrier.

Anyways, here's the photos. Enjoy!




Here's the entrance onto the high street shops. In England, the 'high street' basically means a down-town shopping area where cars aren't allowed. It actually consists of quite a few streets. It's where you do your shopping (except maybe for groceries, which are down the road).



This is the Grand Opera House in Leeds, next door to my work. We cater to the Opera patrons, who always fill our restaurant before a show. Last week Prince Edward was at the Opera so there were cops hanging around. I didn't see any royalty though, not that I would know if I did.
Here's the Grand arcade. I work inside.

Inside. If you can see the little chairs half way down, that's the outside of my restaurant: "Roots and Fruits". It used to be a gay vegetarian restaurant.



Some churchy place across from my work where junkies and drunkards sometimes like to relax/whack up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home