Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Ranting and Raving pt.3

I'm sick of hearing about global warming, and people who want to 'ban' stuff. I'm really sorry to continue on this theme, but it seems that - at least in the UK - all people ever talk about is banning stuff. It's as if political progress is rated by how much stuff is banned. Universities have 'banned' Christian Unions because they won't let non-Christians sit on the elected board of leaders. What a load of crap. The Co-op bank recently closed down the bank account of my brother in law's church because they preach that homosexuality is wrong. Everybody is so damned busy minding eachother's business, and it's driving me crazy.

The inspiration for this post was a BBC story which reports that Cheryl Crow and Laurie David (wife of Seinfeld's Larry David) are on a campaign to ban toilet paper, or rather to impose a limit on its use to one square per 'session'.

Anyways, I'm think I'm going to stop reading any news aside from the business press. I am just so tired of 'causes'. The long term goal is to move to Montana or Idaho and where there won't be any chance of my neighbours spying on me to see if I am recycling properly and using biodiesel.

I've got to say, I don't even know if I believe in global warming. If it does exist, there's not much to be done anyways. Like I've said before, a world of 6 billion people can't live on wind power and organic food. I say just use it up until it's gone. What I can't stand is anymore celebrities jet-setting around the globe and consuming 1000 times more than me telling me to stop hurting the environment. They should be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

2 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

Hey Drew - can't you just see Cheryl Crow wiping her arse with her lefty? With one square per session she might have a few more fecal coliforms on those guitar strings!!!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Candice said...

I hadn't thought about "causes" being the thing to do now, but it's all around. Ha- funny comment of Danielle's!!! My roommates had a saying of "use two unless it's poo" but that's only because one of them was out in the bush for the summer and they weren't allowed to just leave a whole bunch of TP kicking around in the bush.
Say a hello to Beth for me! When are you coming to Calgary?

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home