Drewfasa's Blog

A diary of my life and thoughts.

Friday, May 11, 2007

It's good to be me :-)

Hello friends and family,

well, it's been a hard slog: 3 years and some 50,000 words or so of essays and dissertation, but as of yesterday, it is finally over. On Wednesday I broke a personal record, penning a 3,500 word essay in one evening. I didn't procrastinate or anything, it took me a heck of a long time wrap my head around the subject (the social theory of Jurgen Habermas).

I handed it in yesterday, along with another essay which isn't actually due until Monday. I met a friend at the old 'hand-in box' and we headed down to the student union for a pint. He had more work to do so I made my way down to one of my favourite 'solitude' pubs. I had a coffee and a pipe (something I won't be doing after July 1st thanks to certain fascist b*&%^$rds - sorry) and started reading Robert Louis Stevenson's South Sea Tales. Then came home, had a lamb korma from my local takeaway (only £2.99 - comes with home made nan). Chowed than down, kissed my pretty wife, and then I went and called on my neighbour, and good buddy, Jakob. We headed down to the pub where we met another neighbour, Matt, and we all played cards and drained pints, and smoked pipes (July 1st, I can't believe it, goodbye liberty - grrr) until we got kicked out (the pubs here close at 11 or so, cuz all the Brits are staggering drunk by then).

So here it is, Friday at 1pm, and you'll find me in my pyjamas, coffee in the mug, pipe in the mouth, Jorge Ben (the father of Samba) on the stereo. After I get off my computer here I'll go through the Economist which just came through the letter slot and then pick up where I left off with Robert Louis Stevenson on the beach of Falesa. Then a bit later I'll go up to Matt's apartment and we'll play FIFA 2007 and Star Wars Battlefront II on his Playstation for awhile. Then work at the Cafe at 5 (which I positively enjoy these days). We had so much fun playing cards last night that I think we're going to repeat the experience this evening.

Most of the past three years have been lonely and draining, but since yesterday afternoon I can definitely say that it's good to be me. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Candice said...

Hey Drew... Good to hear that you're doing well these days! Been thinking about you and Beth lately... I think my friends here would enjoy you, and that you would enjoy them too!

5:13 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

The blog is dead!... Noooo! Quick, resuscitate it.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home